I enjoy cooking and if I can utilize any kind of kitchen implement while doing so, this makes me happy. I don't know why it does, it just is how it is and because I know this of myself, I relish being in my own kitchen and cooking. I have had the opportunity to cook professionally and only when I used the industrial tomato slicer, the lettuce corer or the grill scraper was I really happy. Now at home, I've found the ease of use and magic small appliances. This blog was spurred by me locating my coffee maker which resides in the only lower storage base cabinets in my kitchen. These two doors hide the fact that I have what I consider to be a small collection of small electric kitchen appliances. Let's inventory the collection:
1. toaster
2. microwave
3. ISC convection cooker
4. toaster oven
5. full size food processor
6. electric mixer (comes with 6 attachments)
7. rice cooker
8. coffee maker
9. ice shaver
10. crock pot
11. blender
12. juicer
13. George Foreman's original Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine
14. B & D small chopper
Eventually, storage permitting, I'd like to also purchase:
1. electric knife - for those times when carpel tunnel and carving meat don't mix
2. ice cream maker - I'd magically transform into the sorbet goddess of OC
3. Thunder Stick Pro - I saw this on an infomercial while on a business trip and I found myself drooling after it was over. Thank god I was alone in my hotel room when this occured... how embarrassing.
4. any one of those rotissere type cookers - because A)I miss having a KOOKAAROO's in OC, and B) slow cooked meat braised in it own juices is THE BEST.
... now back to making that pot of blueberry flavored coffee my new gf introduced me to on Friday. Thank you DH.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment