Sometimes I think I would be a sell out to the beauty industry if I glamored up my look completely and went all-girlie all the time. You know who I'm talking about. Women with the latest in clothes, hair perfectly quaffed and make-up a mile thick so it doesn't melt off of their face during the day. Manicures and pedicures weekly because heaven forbid a nail gets chipped. Do men really find that attractive or has it become the acceptable norm?
It seems to me if you do go that route, you aren't presenting yourself honestly. Make-up can camouflage minor flaws, girdles can hide a few pounds, wearing certain cuts and colors can either make or break a look. What happens when you strip off the facade and you're standing naked in the light of day? Can you live with your own reality without all the props?
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment