Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Mere Mortals 12/04/07

I went to the Silver Lake Lounge last night in support of my friend Mimi who plays bass for the Los Angeles-based indie band Mere Mortals. I got to catch-up with my friend about work, Thanksgiving, met the new guitarist and comment on the christmas lights they like to use for set decoration. Mimi said the new guys were probably nervous because this was their first show after joining. There were rehearshing almost everyday for six weeks to get up to speed.

I must say the new band members were sounding impressive. We treated to the old staples such as Reverberation (they always open theie shows with this one), 13th Floor, and Dr. South and new songs, too. I even saw Axel pick up an acoustic guitar once for this set - nice.

I sold one CD. You see, Mimi usually does this when she's not on stage, but since I'm there and want to sit down during the performance, working the merch table allows me to do that and allows her to perform and then help load out including her amp which is almost bigger than she is.

No comments: