Saturday, March 21, 2020

The headspace I'm in right now

The electricity blinked off yesterday twice between 5 and 6PM. Not sure what that was all about but it had me thinking, "Did forget the pay the electric bill?" It was weird. I have an APC box for the computer, and the cable internet box seemed to be on, but not the computer. But that was yesterday. Everything was back to normal with the power restored at around 6:15PM.

I have a busted drainpipe underneath my kitchen sink. And I need more dry cat food. And onions. Maybe I should make a list.

Below is the link to the JHU COVID-19 map: JHU Coronavirus World Dashboard

I'm still reeling about the phone call from my new employer. I've gotta figure out a way to make some money.

I'm picking up, organizing, and cleaning my home until it's done or I can't stand it anymore, whichever comes first. I also want french toast this morning and the bread in the refrigerator is rye. Now, that's not going to work. It looks like I have to go to the store. It's Saturday morning at 6AM.

I have to figure out what store I'm going to and when it opens because their business times have become more limited due to the virus order.

I made a big pot of chicken and vegetable soup yesterday and some rice. Maybe I'll eat that for breakfast instead. I still need to rehab the area under the kitchen sink again. And I'd like to do that before the plumber gets here. The under the sink area is a rectangle. I have to find my tape measure - OK I found it. The area is 21 1/2 x 31 1/2 inches.

I looked for some contact paper, but it wasn't there. I guess I used it all up, so if I'm going to create a new water-resistant mat for under the kitchen sink, I'll have to at least buy contact paper. I can probably find a cardboard box somewhere to cut down to size. I thought maybe the box I used to bring home my stuff from work would be big enough, I don't know. More morning math!
----
It's now almost 9AM and I've had a nice hot shower and while the water was heating up, I cleaned the slip-resistant mat that sits on the tile floor and surrounds the drain. Better than it was before, but not totally clean. In my humble opinion, that's probably what has kept me from not sick for all this time. Or again, maybe it's all an illusion.  Like this article that came out the other day:

Type-A blood is more susceptible to Coronavirus

What if all the Republicans in the US were Type A and the Democrats were Type-O?




No comments: