Sunday, September 4, 2011

I'm loosing respect for doctors.

I'm loosing respect for doctors. Here's why:

1. When I went in for my annual check up with my OB/GYN, she charged me a co-pay for an office visit and $20 for using insurance instead of paying with cash. That is utter bullshit. Then the prescription and/or the software that she uses now to write up prescriptions electronically did not transmit to my local Walgreens correctly delaying my refill. I didn't find out until I went to pick it up.

2. When I went in to get my swollen left foot looked at, the doctor told me nothing to take the swelling down and instead sent me to take x-rays and blood work. He thought it was gout. It wasn't gout. I figured out it was new shoes. I talked to a friend about it who suggested arch supports for my new sneakers. Problem solved. I paid two $20 co-pays for chatting with my Dr. Arch supports from Dr. Scholls were $12. Also picked up epsom salt for $5.

3. My son said he had a cyst on this inner thigh. I tried to get an appointment with the Dr., but it seems as though my PCP only practices two days a week now due to old age and it booked up solid for the next two weeks. When I asked about going to urgent care, they gave me an address of a location I used before. Two hours later, urgent care performed no treatment. Said it wasn't bleeding so it wasn't an urgent issue and sent him home. I paid a $20 for nothing.

4. I asked for a referral for a GI since this is the required procedure in order to see a specialist when you have a HMO for medical insurance. The nurse left a message on my voicemail I couldn't understand. Shouldn't important information like that be mailed to you? You know, with their affiliate information, subscriber code and if they are open to new patients? Hrmm.

No comments: