At the dentist office today for my 9:30AM appointment, I was greeted, seated in treatment bay #1 and then shot up with a numbing agent three times in an hour and a half and I didn't get numb. How weird! I've never had that happen before. I remember my dad telling me stories about that happening to him, but he was 6'4" 250 lbs. I'm 5'1" and about 120. I tolerated the pain long enough to be able to get a temporary filling into my tooth. Then I was done until Thursday. I drove to work and by the time I got there, it was Noon and my tooth was throbbing. I took two Aleve to smash the pain. Then I got a freshly brewed hot coffee. All day while at work I was thinking about how I felt the last shot going into my neck. It was the strangest feeling. And then I was thinking if the numbing agent didn't go where or do what it was supposed to do, where did it go in my body? I know it eventually wears off.
I wasn't hungry until I got home from work. I decided to stop by the Asian market in Irvine since the one by my house closed to pick up some stuff to make udon soup. Something soft to eat so my temporary fillings don't fall out. I have to eat soft food for another day and then I go back to the dentist.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment