Conversion at work is almost complete. It's been a busy three weeks for me to get there. My boss cut off the OT this week so that I can work on Saturday morning and reconcile then instead of on Monday. But I found out Friday that it really didn't matter.
Friday, I wanted to get up early and watch the Royal Wedding, but I decided to record it instead so
I could get up at my normal time. And then I woke up early anyway. So I watched it and then went to work.
So Friday at work, the last day of conversion, I'm pretty much a zombie. No amount of hot black English tea was working to keep my senses keen. And I'm an ogre without my required minimum 6 hours of sleep. So, recapping... Friday, I was a zombie ogre due to lack of sleep. By the time I got home, the caffeine finally kicked in and was wired for sound and couldn't fall sleep for awhile even though I was fatigued.
Saturday morning, I went to work from 8AM to 12PM. I checked reports and did a bunch of manual processes that I probably could have done on Monday morning, but I wanted to be present and accounted for 'for the team'.
Amid all this end of month/conversion activity, I received an email notification that there is a job opening for me, especially me and my employment experience, in Irvine. Open positions for the type of job I perform are rare. And this one is 7 miles from my home. That would cut my 40 mile/up to two hours a day one-way commute down by 33 miles. If I get this job, I wouldn't even have to take the freeway if I didn't want to. I sent in my resume.
Yahoo.com reported Bin Laden was killed. 9-11 affected my work in 2001 as I was employed with Banker's Trust at the time. I think that the public should be cautious and not breathe that sigh of relief too deeply because there is sure to be someone else in his ranks ready to react in retaliation.
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment