Monday, April 11, 2011

Prolific in my head

I always have these great blog topics rolling about in my head when I don't have a keyboard around. Like when I'm driving to work in the morning. By the time I get home, I'm too spent from work to even remember what I was thinking to write about in the AM.

Yesterday, it hit me that I must finish my mom's euology so I can plan to go to New York, otherwise I'm just a traveling box of ashes, you know? And so instead of focusing on all of the crappy things she put me and my brother through as kids to get back at my dad, I focused on the word  "go" and "home" and I think what I wrote worked. It doesn't have too much detail. I don't think people really want to know about how she ran a Grand Torino over my left foot and busted up my pinky toe which sits off till this day. Or how we moved about atleast a dozen times as kids. Or that how she never took me to the orthodontist when I was a kid when my friend Liz was getting braces even though my dad's dental insurance would of paid for 100% because my mom didn't want to take time away from work. Yeah, I ended  up spending close to $13k out of my own pocket to fix my teeth from 2003-2005. I wish my dad got the chance to see my better smile before he passed. That would of been a big FU to my mom who really didn't have much to say about the subject after they were fixed.

There is actually a laundry list of crap I could dole out here, but it's now almost 11PM and I've got to get to bed. OT for the rest of the week and then I'm going to plant my tomatos, spring clean my house and think about having a big ass yard sale of all her crap in storage.

No comments: