The weather this week has been strange. Yesterday, it was cold as hell - in Southern California standards, that is. It was in the high 40's to the low 50's last night. High school friends living in Yucaipa complained of the snow ruining their fruit trees. That alone makes me glad I left. I hate being cold. I visited the snow just once as a little kid. I can't remember who took me, but I think it was my mom. She pulled off of the road and I remember getting out of the car and my feet crunching in the newly fallen snow, then the cold hit me and I was done. My day in the snow took all of 10 minutes.
Today, it's bright and sunny. My one cat was so happy she could go outside again, she talked me into it. I lounged on the chaise on my patio in the sun for awhile. It got too hot for yesterday's uniform I threw on again this morning... white Mickey Mouse sweatshirt, grey sweatpants and powder blue Uggs.
Beginning on Monday, work goes into overdrive. There was a final vote on Friday and the vote was go-go to move the vast majority of our first lien mortgage loan servicing activities to another company. I've already marked FHA loans as such. I think we're getting a whopping 22 days total to get it accomplished. My manager asked about my vacation plans again and I told him I'm coordinating with my cousins to make the trip. Vacationing in NewYork. I think I will be traveling there right before Octoberfest in Germantown. Something to look forward to besides trolling for headstones of my ancestors.
[Photo Credit: Dominic Grisafe, April 2011]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment