Sunday, May 1, 2011

A bright, bright sunshiney day

I think Old Man Winter has finally gone away from California. It was in the 80's both days this weekend even though it was pretty breezy. I pulled more weeds from my patio flowerbeds. I replanted the thyme and basil I bought at the bodega on Saturday. They were both dry and pot bound. They seem to be perking up. I also took the new growth out of the aloe vera plant. The new growth seemed to be choking the main plant. We'll see if it perks up this week. My three tomato plants are OK so far. Two have flowers and one has tiny tomatoes already starting to show.

I called for an appointment to get an estimate for new windows on my condo. Well, two new windows and two new sliding glass doors. It's all I got. The first estimate was botched and had to be written again with a different product and different installation method. I'm not happy with the price which was over $6k. I'm going to call for more estimates.

No comments: