I went to see Pirate of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Friday night after work and found the movie full of action scenes to exploit the 3D fad, but lacking somewhat in a well flowing storyline. It kind of chugged along slowly in a few places with gratuitious chase scenes, but in the end with a slight twist, it still met it's goal. Penelope Cruz gave a good performance as Jack's new-old flame and their tension on the screen was a highlight as was the special effects with the mermaid scene. Another twist I won't give away. Overall, an enjoyable summer romp with familiar characters living up to their nasty reputations. Go see it.
Friday, May 20, 2011
Movie Night: 05/20/2011
I went to see Pirate of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Friday night after work and found the movie full of action scenes to exploit the 3D fad, but lacking somewhat in a well flowing storyline. It kind of chugged along slowly in a few places with gratuitious chase scenes, but in the end with a slight twist, it still met it's goal. Penelope Cruz gave a good performance as Jack's new-old flame and their tension on the screen was a highlight as was the special effects with the mermaid scene. Another twist I won't give away. Overall, an enjoyable summer romp with familiar characters living up to their nasty reputations. Go see it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment