Saturday, July 11, 2009

Yelpity Good Bacon Fun!

Bacon? Did I hear bacon? I love bacon. I'm German so when anyone talks about cured meat, my ears perk up. And the folks at Yelp put together a fine VIP bacon themed event at the OC Fair the day before the fair opened to the public on Thursday, July 9th. Our group was at the bar/restaurant in the corner... Blue Bayou. It was located right next to the tent/trailer I don't remember which of the Weird Al Yankovic VIP party for the world preview of his OC Fair exhibition of "Al's Brain" going on at the same time. Being an "Elite" member of Yelp (no lie - it took me 4 years to get to that stage), I was able to bring two invited guests to our little party and I choose my son who's 22 and my co-worker who is new to Yelp. I couldn't give you an official headcount, but it felt like 200 people enjoying all these bacon tinged goodies like chocolate covered bacon, bacon wrapped meatballs covered in bbq sauce, bacon wrapped cocktail weenies (oh, just shove one directly into my heart already), Slaters 50/50 burgers that are made with half bacon (talk about flavor) and the premiere to California of Bakon Vodka. I know, you're thinking "gross", but I'm telling you this stuff makes the best bloody mary's ever. When our community manager Hazel told me in advance about it, we were talking about all of the food pairings... like Bakon Vodka and melon balls, fried green tomatoes, fried green beans, etc. There was more food than I could eat, but you can imagine. It was a biggest and best Yelp event yet.

ref: www.yelp.com or annazzz.yelp.com

No comments: