Dear President Obama,
Please make sure that your campaign promise for health care reform gets passed this year. All of the citizens of the United States are counting on you. Many, many people who are currently out of work can't afford to pay COBRA and go without health care and the one's who are underemployed can't afford it either. I also feel so very sorry for those of us who have a pre-existing condition designated as a chronic illness that get locked into an employers insurance and cannot leave the job for a better one because of these health facts. I, personally, am working on contract and when my recruiting agency invited me to join the health plan they offered temps, the ratio split was 60/40 and I was liable for the 60% fee which was a higher amount than I ever had to pay when I had regular employment. Because of the high cost, I had to decline. I rather pay cash for the doctors appointments and the associated lab work I have to have each year (female, eyes, dentist) and for my medications directly because in doing so it's cheaper than paying for the insurance monthly. I also get to deduct 100% of these fees on my taxes because the money is coming out of my pocket. I wouldn't even mind if I had to pay a small fee each time I saw a doctor or got a prescription, just so long as I don't have to shell out a significant chunk of my paycheck to have quality health care again.
Thank you.
Read: No time for delay on health care
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment