Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Dangerous New Trend... Mom Blogs

Mom blogs. The conception of a new blogging experience, I feel, should never coincide with childbirth. Sure, you'll gain a lifetime of experience, especially with you're first child... your so-called practice child. This is the child that will prove to you you've made the right decision by choosing to have offspring -or- create more havoc in your life than you ever provided your own parents and then make you second guess why you bothered to have children in the first place.

I believe a mom for the first five years should dedicate her life to the raising of that child and I think blogging gets in the way of that. It can be time consuming and reveal things like how you actually ignore your child instead of dealing with the problems at hand. Generally speaking, you're pretty exhausted from the lack of sleep and you need to be awake when your baby is awake for feedings, changing and bathing. How you're going to get all that done and housework, too, while blogging is beyond me. Maybe you have a Nanny. Who knows.

I don't know about you, but it took me 11 days just to leave the house for the first time with my son and then I only went to visit his great-grandparents. The baby wanted to sleep, I wanted to sleep, so it was a good time to sleep. I bonded with him by having him sleeping on my chest. That tiny little guy was a long as my thigh bone when I took him home. Now he's taller than me at 5'6". But I digress.

More later...

No comments: