On Sunday, I listened to Breakfast with The Beatles radio show on 95.5 KLOS. I haven't listened in a while. I don't know why I haven't been listening more regularly, but this Sunday was the tribute show to John Lennon as he was shot dead on December 9, 1980.
For people born after the baby boom era, the shooting of John Lennon is one of those watershed moments in your life where you remember where you were and what you were doing when it happened. My parents era had the same experience in the shootings of Martin Luther King, Jr. and President John F. Kennedy and when man landed on the moon. I was in 10th grade, sixteen years old and at home watching the news when I alerted to the senseless tragedy.
What struck me about the radio show I was listening to over the weekend was I'm now 42 and John was killed at age 40 by a crazy man who thought his action would make an impression on actress Jodie Foster. I'm sure this is something she'd like to forget, but can't. "Imagine" what John Lennon could of accomplished in those the twenty-eight since his death... we will never know and can only speculate.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment