Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Crazy Dream

I woke up way too early this morning, so to save my eyes from burning out of my skull later in the day, I rested them and eventually fell into a light sleep where I had this crazy dream.

I'm driving in the car on an expressway and there are other cars like it jammed up on the freeway. The car is a one seater and it's shaped like a popcorn kernel with the small part to the back and four tires. They are not called cars anymore. Now they are named PCV short for personal conveyance vehicles. Everyone travels in this popcorn kernel shaped thing on the freeways and the freeways have been modified to not crash and not stop.

O.K., so as I was in my PCV driving to I don't know where, when I was approaching a bridge to go under it. The current huge sign noting the expressway name fell off exposing the old street name for the next exit and onto the backends of a few PCVs which now created a sort of ramp. Since the PCV's don't stop A few beside me were now launched into the air and land in strange places. My PCV is launched and lands ontop of a building or on this road that is not used anymore. Then the PCV stops running. I'm stuck ontop of whatever the PCV landed on and I can't seem to figure out to get down.

While on top of wherever I landed, a man was noticed living on the road/building. He some how came to the conclusion that he was left there for a reason and not by chance and succumbed to his own reality. Now since I landed where he was and I had this PCV, this man's reality has been shattered and he's in a panic.

We make friends and talk about what happened to him and it turns out he's got a case of amnesia and can't remember how he got there but knows that he can't leave for too long or people some and take away his stuff and he has to go and find it again and build his castle? Home, whatever he calls the place he lives.

All I know is I need to get my PCV working so I can get off of wherever I'm at and get back onto the expressway so I can get to where I'm going. My problem with that is I don't have a clear way down like another ramp or a road and I'm afraid of heights.

...and that's about when my alarm goes off and I open my eyes. I don't dream all that much, I mean I'm pretty content with life and I'm a go with the flow person so not much gets me down, so to have this dream and have it be so detailed and vivid was a surprise. But maybe it's just the stress of a lot of the things building up in my brain about work and all the crap I have seen and read about the news everyday creeping in there somehow. About cars being too big and the need to develop better forms of transportations, among other things.

No comments: