I woke up from a dream, or could it be considered a nightmare?
I was at a house, was I house sitting? I kept going to check the mattress in a back bedroom. The first time I checked it, it was dry. The second check it was starting to get wet and the room was flooding, but I did not understand where the water was coming from. The next time I checked the mattress, it was almost floating and the back window was halfway full of this dirty gray water and it was starting to come into the room where I was quick. I decided it was time to save myself. I left without my blue leather purse that had my cellphone in it. I got out and somehow lifted myself onto the top of a stone wall and walked down to the street.
Later I went back to the house and everything was soaked, flooded. I looked into a window or door and I saw a line of men standing and talking in a room. My son, his uncle Chris, a few others who were talking about mold and mildew a and I said to take your clothes in the closet and go put them out on the line to dry. Ask them to go get my purse and I was handed that and my wet jacket.
And then I woke up startled.
And then I went into the kitchen to get a drink from the refrigerator and looked at my cranberry juice bottle but drank the root beer and thought, Why don't we have more fruit juice flavored sodas? Cranberry, blueberry, tangerine, pink grapefruit, pomegranate... soda?

No comments:
Post a Comment