Officially, we are in month 10 of the Corona Virus epidemic in California and the world's population is now waiting in line to get vaccinated. All we have to do is wait for our turn and this nightmare will be over right?
Wrong.
You will still have to social distance to stop the spread. You will still have to wash your hands after everything you do in public. And you are supposed to stay home. If you can't, you wear a mask when out with other people and don't touch stuff like shopping carts unless you can wipe it off with a bleach wipe.
And then you might even have to get another shot in three months' time.
Personally, I knew, since I filed for unemployment benefits mid-March 2020 when they first were coming online in California, that they would run out in 6 months. September was my deadline. And due to my age and I knew it was going to be a struggle to find my next job. I started my job hunt during month 4 and I was lucky enough to get a job during month 5, so by the time September rolled around, I was already working.
But I work in finance, which is considered essential. I have to go into the office to process paperwork that gets sent out the next day, for the most part. If there were a way for me to be at home and perform the same job, I would.
But do I want to change jobs/roles? I don't know right now. And staying put and keeping my eyes and ears open I think is the smartest thing to do right now with so many people out of work.
New Years Eve, I worked 6 straight hours and then we were let out early. Typical for this company. They did the same thing for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
I spent my time mostly online watch Twitch or playing xbox. I did have a glass of wine. Cheers!
Everyone I know wanted to sprint to 2021 as quickly as possible and put 2020 behind them. All we want to do is get back to "normal", but what most don't understand or maybe don't want to face is the reality that nothing is going back to the way it was ever again. We will face plexiglass sneezeguards and face masks through 2021.

No comments:
Post a Comment