2009 Thanksgiving Menu:
Roasted Turkey Breast
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Roasted Carrots
Steamed Cauliflower with Parmesan Cheese
Sweet Potato Pie
Cranberry Jelly
My Thanksgiving Day started at 6AM and me on the road to go pick-up my mom from El Cajon who decided it was OK to have Thanksgiving with me this year, especially after her recent heart trouble.
I returned back home with mom in tow, a bag of crochet and a change of clothes at 10AM. It took me about an hour to prep and two hours to cook. We ate at 1PM. It was me, my son and my mom.
We later went to Walgreen's in search of cracked heel ointment with emu oil. No luck. Walgreen's doesn't carry it anymore. I use it to alieve the exema on my right hand that develops on and off due to stress.
Anyway, I cleaned the house more while the food was cooking and then mom went to sleep in my bed. I slept on the couch and watched TV until about 10PM which was probably too late. My throat was achy and my eyes were burning which meant I was toast and needed rest.
The next morning, I made coffee for the both of us and left for El Cajon at about 7:45AM. Mom wanted to go to Fresh and Easy so we found one on the way to her house. This one was located near Lake Murray.
I got back home by 1PM.
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment