I had a dream. I was at a small mid-western church with an inter-racial wedding party. The woman was black, seeming shorter than I was and she had her hair done in these beautiful medium ringlets. She was wearing an old fashioned white wedding dress with lots of hand made lace and these white shoes from the late 1800's. I think I was the wedding planner and I was making sure that the Notary was present to officiate the marriage of these two people I don't even know. Someone asked the bride if she had gotten the marriage license and for no reason at all, she hadn't. And the last words I heard said to me was I don't know that man (of the Notary who was sitting in a line of wooden chairs chatting with people sitting next to him ), he's not in the play book.
Now this dream may be stemming from the fact that I just re-connected with a girl from my past and found out that she lives in Wichita, KS, the same place I'm going to be sending a baby blanket I'm making shortly because another friend from school lives in the same town. And the term "play book" to me, only comes from the sport of football and I'm not a huge fan of it.

No comments:
Post a Comment