President Obama will arrive at the Long Beach Airport (LBG) at 3:00 PM on 3/18/09, and then, I imagine, he will board the Presidential helicopter, Marine One to get to Costa Mesa in order to speak at his 'Town Hall Meeting' at the Costa Mesa Fairgrounds (most likely the Pacific Amphitheater) at 4:00 PM, because he probably cannot make it in time to the location with all the rush hour traffic in an hour on the 405 freeway. I'm also guessing that he will be staying at the fabulous Irvine Hyatt Regency located at Jamboree and Main tonight. Why? I know former presidential candidates have stayed there 1) because there are helipads on the parking structures nearby, and 2) that hotel has only one driveway in and three going out. And it's like a fortress inside.
Thankfully, he will be in Los Angeles County on Thursday, 3/19/09, on the same day I took off from work for a doctor's appointment. In Pomona, he will tour the Edison's electric vehicle plant (that makes nothing for the public's consumption). In 2007 according to Edison's Web site, they reportedly tested "advanced battery technologies that could further enhance the emergence of future energy storage applications in the utility industry.". Southern Californians have yet to see anything advanced come from Edison other than the advanced notice required by the PUC before raising the rates on every one's utility bills. See: California regulators approve Edison rate hike I know for a fact he will be in downtown LA at 1:00 PM at the Miguel Contrera Learning Complex which is situated at 322 Lucas Avenue, and then will tape an appearance on the Jay Leno show which is surely going to mess up my co-worker's drive home if the President chooses to commute on the same roads I usually drive home. They tape at 5:00 PM. Again, hopefully, he will be sporting the helicopter to avoid the hellish road conditions around that time. I will me at home watching my local digital station to make double sure I'm as far away from that mess as I can possibly be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment