What am I going to do about my employment situation? It's been almost a year since I took this contract and all bets are off that it's going to turn into a permanent position because of Bearingpoint's bankruptcy filing. At first, my manager said I'd go permanent and stay on the contract. Then the story changed to one of I'd go permanent and then go onto work on a different contract, but that never came into being. And now I'm getting a story that sounds something like when I can think up of more ways to extract money from this one company, then you will get on that contract. Don't get my wrong, I am grateful to be able to bring home a paycheck with still so many of my friends not working or underemployed, so if you think I'm badmouthing this position, you're wrong. I actually like the job, I just wish it was closer than 70+ miles away from my home. And I also have heard the statement, "Why don't you just move there?" Well, for one, I own a condo that has a mortgage payment that is cheaper than rent, so why move? Secondly, Simi Valley does not feel like home to me. It feels very similar to Fontana and I left there in 1992. I don't want to move to a place that brings back memories of the place I left years ago.
I'm looking for other opportunities, but I'm not finding anything that is a good fit for me. I'd like to find another MERS job, but those are hard to come by in California. I keep seeing those positions come up in Texas and other states I won't even consider living in due to their harsh weather. I'm tiny and I get cold so anyplace with snow is a 'no go'. I'm just going to have to keep looking until I find something or the opportunity to go back to school to become a bookkeeper/accountant presents itself again...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment