*I went to Florida during the hurricane season - I must be nuts, but it was quite cheap.
*I got to check off a few items on my places to see list on 43 Things.com
*merge lanes marked on the freeway - love it
*people actually driving the speed limit
*you can buy a big bag of indian river grapefruit for $1 at the roadside fruit stand
*you can buy a big bag of indian river grapefruit for $1, and all the fireworks you could ever want at the roadside fruit stand
*you can buy a big bag of indian river grapefruit for $1, all the fireworks you could ever want, and a shellaced head of a dead baby aligator at the roadside fruit stand ( I could go on...)
*how many styles of licenses plates does this state have anyway? Gees... a ton.
*every place you look - bar bar bar bar bar and oh, look! another bar.
*Open 24 hours A day SUPER Walmart. (For those Californian's who are not familiar - it's got a full grocery store inside, too, as well as the regular merchandise and the pharmacy.) Now that's some crazy productive 3AM shopping right there.
*Never saw the atlantic ocean before - but now I have.
*Four story dry dock for boats? - crazy man, crazy.
*I didn't know Florida had so many pines trees - this is cool.
*whaddya mean it's a four hour drive to St. Augustine? I'm still going.
*I wish this hotel room had a microwave.
*I'm leaving tomorrow and now my body is now on east coast time? That's annoying.
*Thank you for driving me to Islamorada on the Florida Keys for lunch . Conch fritters - YUM!
* http://www.budschicken.com/ BUDS - I saw the billboards all over Palm Beach. (I did my best Rudy Huxtable impression every time I drove by the billboard.)
*CityPlace reminds me of Fashion Island. Kinda.
*You can gamble on a boat, or you can gamble near a moat, or you can gamble on some dogs, or you can gamble at the biggest fricken Hard Rock Casino I've ever seen.
*travel wench is an awesome wench. If I could hug her, I would. (AKA the Hertz Never Lost GPS System)
*Heart Rock Sushi has good saki... good enough to take away the rum headache I acquired after eatting my conch fritters at Holiday Isle.
* Ft. Lauderdale did not impress me. I might even say "ick".
* I climbed to the top of the lighthouse. 212 steps. OMG.
*St. John's got the biggest combination swap meet and farmers market I've ever seen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment