Monday, August 12, 2024

Can I ... rewire my patio landscaping lights?

My dad used to do the wiring for me at my home when he was still alive. He was great at it. He re-wired all of the necessary GFI outlets in the kitchen and bathrooms before we moved in. Thank you, dad. Then he wired up my patio lights at one point, but detached them when we had a tree removed, or rather ground down the stump because the lighting was in the way.

I want my lights on the patio back. I want to plug in my fountain I bought for $50 on Craigslist.

I bought new covers and outlets.

I think I can do it according to http://waterheatertimer.org/Basic-house-wiring.html


Two outlets wired in parallel:

Remember:

brass = black / Hot

silver = white / Neutral

green = ground


Thank you Gene Hayes for the instruction! I think I got it now!!

[ Remember to post a photo of the lighting on the patio once the job is done.]



No comments: