Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Can ... I write a musical?

 I think I have the workings of a musical stuck in my head.

I think it's going to be about the life of office workers who work on the "65th Floor".


This scene reflects the dysfunction of the recruiting department with a manager who is looking for new people to hire to fill a position.

The interviewee sings:

I am but a person that came to you to get a job.

Now that I have interviewed, I'm glad I get to walk away strong. I hope I don't have to wait long.


The interviewer/manager sings:

I am but a manager who needs to fill this position. 

With the hope that they would bring all of the knowledge and expertise a

seasoned professional has, but the reality is we subtitled this role with entry-level

to see who it would attract. Hoping for that desperate worker with all of the skills who is willing to take less pay and work more and work harder than ever before to prove they have something this company needs and then after giving them a raise, we lay them off and start the cycle over again.


Don't forget - we promote from within. It never happens. And the worker starts again.

High turnover is a red flag. Remember that. It's a sign of poor management and internal strife.


No comments: