It's rare that I get to interview these days because of the nature of the work I do and the unique skill set I possess. I was intrigued by an ad posted for a position from a certain mortgage company in Foothill Ranch, but I found it odd that they wanted to interview me for a different position.
So I get the call from HR and them they tell me I have to take two tests online before I fill out my application. Initially, I felt kind of insulted that a person with my experience would have to take a test before I could interview. One was a PI test and another was Wonderlic. I did them anyway then filled out the online application. I'll play the game. I'm a good test taker.
I applied for a different position, but was contacted by HR about the Collateral Team Lead. I checked their careers website the night before my interview to find many, many more job postings plus the head of credit, transaction legal and Sr. treasury were gone, so I didn't have a good feeling about the company going in. Even though I have 20 years experience working with collateral, I still had to take yet a third online personality test before my interview. I guess experience is not enough.
Then I met with an operations manager in a sweatshirt, jeans and sneakers who stated she had jumped around the office doing "project clean-up", what I do wasn't her field of expertise and then she divulged more proprietary company information than I needed to be told during an interview which was shocking so I decided to ask questions. Thirty minutes later, she ended the interview and I decided they don't know what they're doing nor do they care about post closing activities. The processes described made me want to scream in fright and run away.
Saturday, October 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment