I worry about the youth of today, but specifically my son. I mean, I don't remember being so motivated to get a job immediately after graduating from high school either, but this is ridiculousness happening at my house. It's been 5- almost 6 years now and he's been in community college for maybe 18 months during that time and he had a job for a while until there was a management change and they fired him because the bitch couldn't seem to schedule him when he wasn't in class. At least he doesn't have that grandiose sense of entitlement that lots of people seem to have, but I don't know what else I can do to light a fire under his ass to get him to become motivated.
So I get home and I get bullshit from him as to what he's done with his day, so I hop on line and crank open my fave job aggregator - juju.com , and start looking for jobs he's qualified for near the house. There are jobs listed for Sprout's, Kohl's, others. I ask if he's applied and he says "no". And I'm like if I can find these jobs, I don't understand why you can't. I think he just doesn't want to work. And as long as I'm paying for everything he needs, why should he?
I'm eating out more and staying home less. I'm trying to get some exercise after work. Ignoring the problem is not making it go away, it's just not on my last nerve as much as it could be. I've threatened to confiscate the computer equipment in his room, but that didn't do anything and takes too much effort. I think I just need to kill the internet. Because what do you do when the internet is down but sleep, read or go outside. I told him I want to move closer to work by the end of the year so he's going to have to either be able to pay for half of the rent or move out. I want my craft room. I want to rent the place to get a positive cash flow out of it because my mortgage is so low.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment