Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My new car is not so new now

Two weeks ago, I was driving to work along on the westbound 22  and there was this huge dump truck in lane three in a construction zone and something flew out from under it's tire and thwacked my windshield like hard and it left a gash and cracks going in five different directions.

I left it alone last week because my rideshare buddy drove. This week, it's my turn and I cannot deal with this growing menace anymore. It's almost doubled in size. Good thing it's more on the passenger side.

I took my car into Guaranty Chevrolet, where I bought it, and I'm having them replace the windshield. I could have guessed it was going to cost a grand to replace, but I would have guessed wrong. It was actually less than $700. 

They gave me a brand new Sonic to drive today while my car was in the shop. It's got a cute but kind of confusing dashboard, but the seats are absolutely horrible. You can feel every little vibration from the engine when the car is still or idling. I hate that. It gets 36 MPG.

And I got my first oil change for free.

No comments: