I finally have something to write about in contrast to my "Early Girls" posting.
The Late Ladies.
I went to Friday night Bingo at the Hollywood Park Casino last night. Bingo runs from 6:30PM until about 10:30PM. On Fridays, you get 30 games for $11 a pack. I imagine the vast majority of the people who play bingo there are predominately women... ladies. The bingo hall is located on the 4th floor of the casino. We all funnel out of the building once the games are over. Everyone holds the door for the next person leaving. And then we scatter to the parking lot.
Now, the first time I went to play bingo here, my bff work buddy came with me because she said she would be uncomfortable going by herself. I asked, "What do you think will happen? You'll get beat up on the way out to the parking lot if you win?" After all, the casino is located in Lawndale even though its name is Hollywood which is 18 miles away. But I told her if you mind your business and be aware of your surroundings, I don't think you'll get into any trouble. And I was right.
The Late Ladies.
Monday, July 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment