Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Chunky Monkey

Epic photo: All have OC blogs about food.
From left to right: Judi Stutz, Suki Beasla, Mariane, Austin Trask, and Anita Lau.

I don't remember being this heavy since... well, lets say it's been a long ass damn time. Over twenty years in fact and probably while I was pregnant. And no, I'm not pregnant. In preparation for last night's yelp elite event, I tried on a white skirt that I couldn't zip up and then a dress with a tropical leaf pattern that, to me, only accentuated the fact that my gut is larger than it should be. I opted for a white pair of jeans, a white tank and a white lacy blouse to try and hide my rolls of blubber.

Meeting new people is never easy for me and being more self conscious than normal about what I look like to others was not making it any easier. (From Left to Right) The lady next to me is Suki and I think she goes through the same girl stuff I do. She's even more mellow than I am and she geeks out, too, so that's cool to me. She's actually a published internet media expert for hire. The one in the middle is new to me and she seemed nice, but in her own little world. Eh. The guy, Austin, I think is my age and into cooking, which I think is cool. He was getting all excited about tweeting to the LA foodie about weekend eats. Anita is #2 most prolific yelper E-V-E-R. When I first started on yelp.com over four years ago, I had a hard time finding businesses to write about where Anita had not been yet. [Photo credit: Albert Evangilista]

The event, held at the Muckenthaler Cultural Center in Fullerton, was better than good, but it's own kind of mellow. I found a group of yelpers I was comfortable having around more than most and as the event was winding down, Anita Lau chose "The Twisted Vine" to eat and lounge at.

No comments: