Possums!
I think there were two.

My son, who is now home

on summer break from college, keeps the sliding glass door open so that my two cats

can run in and out as they please.
I guess, after living at my home

for twelve
XII years, other critters
(
,
) in the neighborhood have now figured out my dry cat food

, which is always available to my cats

on the dining room floor, can be accessed from my sliding glass door.
Not good.
The last thing I wanted to tackle on a Friday
night was varmint eradication, but there I was. Sitting at my computer
, I wanted to knock out three III entries on my blog
of things that have been rolling around in my head
in one form or another and I hear this ravenous crunching... NOM NOM NOM! My one cat
was laying at my feet
under the computer chair and I turn around to see the other cat
in the hallway staring at me. So what was eating the cat food
so loudly? I walked into the kitchen and I saw a possum
eating from the cat food dispenser! I yelled at it and then it ran out of the house
. I shut the sliding glass door and kept it closed for the rest of the evening
. I fell sleep on the couch after watching tv

.
At about 3AM

, I walked into my bedroom

in order to the bathroom

and I hear an intense scratching sound coming from the inside of the ikea cat bed

.
I tilted the cat bed on it's side and saw a possum's tail

hanging down.
At this point I thought I had an infestation!
I opened the sliding glass door in my bedroom

and chucked the ikea cat bed

outside onto the patio. The second possum

scampered away into the darkness

.
No comments:
Post a Comment