The checklist
2 adults
1 16 ft moving truck with a pneumatic lift
and the will to move a small apartment from El Cajon to Santa Ana into storage.
Here we go.
Time out: Saturday, 1:25PM
Time in: Sunday, 9:10PM
The majority of the time was spent packing the remaining things that didn't get packed the previous weekend I was there and putting everything into the truck. It took 4 hours of driving (2 each way) because I had to drive 55 mph in the moving truck on the freeway. It's the law in California. I also had to go through all of the weigh stations along the side of the freeway as well and for those, you get to cruise through at a blistering 5 mph before you're given the OK to merge back onto the freeway.
We had to go to Home Depot in El Cajon to pick-up bubble wrap and more boxes and it was a good thing we did because boxes are cheaper there than at Ofice Depot and that allowed us to also get another lock and a small jar of spackle for the half a million nail holes she put into the wall over the 13 years she lived there.
The drive back to OC was kind of harrowing. It was full on raining and the freeway speed reduced to 45 mph in certain spots because of it. There were two accidents along the way that people just had to look at which slowed down traffic even further. The roads were so wet, I could feel the full truck hydroplaning abit.
It took almost 3 hours to unpack the truck. In the rain. That sucked.
After it was all done, I took my son to Carl's Jr. because were were both hungry, tired, and wet from the ordeal and I didn't feel like going home and cooking at all. I crawled into bed when I got home and slept for the next six hours straight. Then I got up at 3AM and took a hot bath with epsom salts to try to make my soar muscles feel better. What it did was allow me to sleep through my 5AM alarm and I left the house as well as got to work late.There wasn't enough Advil in the world to stop my soar muscles from aching today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment