Friday, February 3, 2023

Goodbye Amerihome, Hello New Opportunity

 Today I was a part of RIF #4 at Amerihome Mortgage's Retail office location in Irvine. They said it was due to the uptick in interest rates. 

On Fridays, most operations personnel are allowed to work from home and I was the only OPS person in the office today (because I'm, err was the post closing specialist that prepares, logs, and ships collateral every day, among other compliance tasks and occasional government insuring duties) besides the CD manager and she walked me out after getting laid off on a conference call with my personal belongings. Everyone else laid off today is having their stuff handed to them in a box at the front door once they surrender their electronic keys and computer hardware on Monday.

I am thankful that I got some great experience working at Amerihome to complement my post-closing, trailing docs experience, and MERS SME role working at Kinecta FCU for 5 years. I also ran the credit dispute desk there for a short time, updating their SOPS and bringing their administrative processes into compliance. As you can tell, I love the back-office jobs.


No comments: