Friday, July 15, 2022

It's Covid time! My experiences with a disease that can kill, but I survived.

So for two years while the world was shut down and other people were working from home, I was laid off of work for 6 months and then working in the office and never got sick!

I've been vaccinated (J&J) and boosted (Moderna). This is a brief journal of what it was like for me when I got COVID. I know it could have been a lot worse, but it went down like a bad case of the flu.

7/09 -  I had to take my cat to the vet and I was forced to wait for treatment. I know I got my case of Covid 19 from the vet's office. I sat in their waiting room for 8 hours. (Note to self: the emergency vet is a vector because everyone and anyone goes there. Like the hospital or the store.)

7/10 - felt nothing different. I have Crohn's disease and typically am a low-energy person.

7/11 - Monday as I was walking to the car, I had pains in my joints (hips and legs) and I thought that was odd. Later at work, I felt like I had a dry cough coming on and general malaise, so I left work early. Was there 6-1030AM.

7/12 - Tuesday was the worst day. It was the day of fever and chills and I couldn't rest and couldn't get comfortable. I went from the bed to the couch to the bed again. No matter what I drank, I urinated twice as much.

7/13 - Wednesday I'm not hungry or tired. I can't breathe, so I took pseudoephamephine (tiny red pills you sign for at the pharmacy) all day. I'm breathing, but I'm numb.

7/14 - I woke up at 2AM. I ate a bowl of noodles for dinner. I wanted peach jello, but all I had was cherry. My son was amused (because I do not like cherry flavor and he knows the story why), but compassionate.

7/15 - Woke up at 3AM. He came home from work with 3 boxes of peach jello for me. I made a little chicken and veggies soup in the instapot with lots of knoor chix bullion so I could taste it. Because who wants to eat if you can't taste it. My taste buds are not fully functioning yet. I have not needed to take the decongestant pills today. Once I ate a little, I napped on the couch twice, although I did not feel tired, I knew I needed some extra sleep.



No comments: