So along with the new job, I got new (better than Kaiser?) health insurance with Cigna and with encouragement from my new UCI doctor, I went and got a mammogram for the first time in a long time. That was October 12th. And they found the same spot as before and wanted to do more tests. I scheduled the tests before leaving the office that day not knowing if they would be able to locate my prior images.
This morning before heading off to work in the dark trying to beat the sunrise like a vampire, I talked to my grandma and grandpa's photo I placed next to my bed with some pebbles I painted. I said, " With the power of my grandma and grandpa, I know everything's gonna be all right." So I was scheduled to do those extra tests today, October 20th.
This morning, I was starting the internal mental freakout self talk that nobody needs to hear themselves do. But the crux of it was, and what if it is cancer? Ok, so freaked out, I left my cellphone on the coffee table. The weight of the coins in my change purse made it seem as though it was there, but it wasn't.
I took a half-day off work for these tests. As I was walking to my car to go home for lunch, I felt the ever so slight feeling of nausea gently blow on me like a soft breeze, and then it was gone by the time I got to my car.
So I get home, and find the cell, plug it in to get a good charge and getting ready to go, I check the messages, and I get the alls clear. No extra tests. They found the prior images and compared the one's taken on October 12th and I do not have to take the extra tests today. And it was a relief.

No comments:
Post a Comment