Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Breakfast: Banana and Almond Milk Smoothie

The Nutritional Value of my Breakfast Shake

According to healthline.com, one medium-sized banana contains:

  • Potassium: 9% of the RDI
  • Vitamin B6: 33% of the RDI
  • Vitamin C: 11% of the RDI
  • Magnesium: 8% of the RDI
  • Copper: 10% of the RDI
  • Manganese: 14% of the RDI
  • Net carbs: 24 grams
  • Fiber: 3.1 grams
  • Protein: 1.3 grams
  • Fat: 0.4 grams

Each banana has only about 105 calories and consists almost exclusively of water and carbs. Bananas hold very little protein and almost no fat.

So if I make my breakfast shake with two bananas, that's 210 calories x2 of the above nutrients:

*Potassium: 18%

*Vitamin B6: 66%

*Vitamin C: 22%

*Magnesium: 16%

*Copper: 20%

*Manganese: 28%

*Net Carbs: 48 grams

*Fiber: 6.2 grams

*Protein: 2.6 grams

*Fat: .8 grams


Now, I add 1/8th of a cup of sugar to my breakfast shake to sweeten it up. That adds 97 calories and 25 carbs.

210 + 97 = 307 calories

48 + 25 = 73 grams of carbs

I add enough Califia Vanilla flavored Almond Milk to the 16 oz mark on my blender. Let's say I had 8 fluid ounces. This is the final product.

Calories = 357
Sodium = 160 mg or 7%
Fiber = 3.6 grams
Net Carbs = 51 grams
Fat = 3.8 grams

*Potassium: 18%
*Vitamin B6: 66%
*Vitamin C: 22%
*Magnesium: 16%
*Copper: 20%
*Manganese: 28%
Iron = 2%

No comments: