Dear Diary,
I fell off of the step ladder at work yesterday and in doing so, the Dr. thinks I fractured my left wrist. All I know is that it started to swell up almost immediately, which scared me, and it hurt like hell. One of my co-workers took me to urgent care (their workman's comp clinic) after I got with HR to get it checked out. Almost 3 hours later, after x-rays and an examination were done, I was sent home with a splint on my forearm, a cold pack and a bottle of Tramadol.
I was so uncomfortable last night and insomnia set in from the pain med, I only napped a few hours. I feel dopey and highly medicated and since Tramadol works by upping the serotonin; I feel like I can take on the world, but at the same time I'm frustrated by the pain if I move my arm certain ways and having the splint on it. Tried opening a child proof med bottle with one hand. Thinking how stupid it was for the Dr. to send me home with bottle cap like that-and feeling pain-frustrated-humorous all at the same time.
Girlie doesn't understand I'm in pain and still wants to cuddle up with me especially since I've absconded her pillow using it to rest the splint on it.
But hey, at least it was my left and not my right wrist, so I can drive, write and type. I have a follow-up appt on Monday. The Dr. had to send the x-rays out to a Radiologist to get a determination on my injury. I'm hoping this weekend's rest will be enough time to get the pain to subside enough so I can function without having to take the Tramadol and I can get back to work. My boss ordered a new step ladder for the mortgage vault. Merry Christmas?!
Saturday, December 13, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment