Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Sleepy Hollow and "The True Blood Effect"

Season one of Sleepy Hollow, I got. I liked it a lot. I understood where the main character came from as I was force-fed the origin story in mini form during the opening title sequence. The stories were derived from Ichabod's experiences intertwining him within American history. And the ultimate goal was to defeat the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

And then season two... what happened? I want to call it "The True Blood Effect", where anything and everything can happen to the main characters in reality or in the supernatural worlds and, oh, lets add new characters, too. Boo! The witchy stuff turned supernatural. The fight of good over evil turned satanic. Ichabod becomes disillusioned by his witch/wife who was stuck in purgatory; a place that now the main characters can travel in and out of through mirrors.

No comments: