I have made two runs to Roger's Garden's this year so far and came back with seeds and tomatoes. Last weekend was the annual "Tomatomania.com" event. I was bummed not to be able to locate parking on Saturday morning within the first hour of them opening, so I tried again at about 3PM on Sunday and I had absolutely no issues then... with parking. Somehow by dumb luck or sheer timing, I ended up behind a mother and her daughter who, I would kindly say, were a generation older than I was struggling to get up that hill where the rear entrance is to check out.
Once I ditched the cumbersome green garden cart for a black wire shopping basket, found my four plants, which included two Chika cherry tomato plants, one Texas hybrid and one German heirloom, I trailed behind these two aforementioned ladies. The older of the two was worn out from the trip and dropped her velour warm-up jacket on the sidewalk while heading for the exit. I bent down to pick it up, but allowed the daughter of the of the pair to complete the retrieval. A man passed by going downhill and asked the two women before me if they needed any help with their cart, but declined. They had one 5-gallon plant and were doing just fine by me, just going slow. I felt like I was their spotter. I even allowed these two to line up in front of me at the check-out instead of going round them or getting into the one other line which didn't look as though it was moving any faster than a warm Sunday afternoon needed to. The daughter escorted her mother to the car for her to rest and get out of the sun while I kept their cart moving forward waiting in line to pay.
I should have replanted them into the raised beds when I got them home. It's now the Thursday after the daylight savings time change. Friday is almost here...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment