Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Vacationing in Virginia

I wanted to save all of the websites I found with things to do in Virginia before I loose them.

Caverns/Caves:  http://www.virginia.org/caverns/

From North to South-
  • Shenandoah Caverns, Take I-81 north to Exit 269 (Shenandoah Caverns Exit)Turn left onto VA-730 and follow signs, in Quicksburg, VA - http://www.shenandoahcaverns.com/      Hours:
  • Endless Caverns, Address: 1800 Endless Caverns Rd.,New Market ,VA - 22844 - Look at the bottom of the page                     Hours: 4/1-5/31 from 10A to 4P


 Cherry Blossom Festival in DC:

1. Travel to and Park in Vienna, VA at the Vienna/Fairfax/GMU station located at 2900 Nutley Street, Fairfax, VA 22031. Parking on the weekends is free here: 9550 Saintsbury Drive 
Fairfax, VA 22031. This station is the end of the Orange line and the one that goes into Virginia the farthest west. On Saturday, the first train leaves the station at 7AM and the fare is $4.50 to the Federal Triangle.
2. The Dc Metro map link: http://www.wmata.com/rail/maps/map.cfm?



 Websites:

http://www.oldtownwinchesterva.com/
http://www.winchesterva.gov/visitors
http://www.shenandoahatwar.org/
http://www.winchesterhistory.org/society_museums.htm
http://www.nps.gov/shen/index.htm
http://www.nps.gov/shen/planyourvisit/driving-skyline-drive.htm
http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state_parks/and.shtml
http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/map_of_campgrounds/r/browseMaps.do?topTabIndex=CampgroundMap


No comments: