Monday, February 4, 2013

My Superbowl Weekend

Friday night and feeling like a looser in love because even though one guy in Torrance wants to talk, a gut feeling tells me he's not the one, only a crush, an Aryan fascination of mine for blonde haired blue eyed men, I stay late at work to see if I can finish my P&P, which was requested of me a month ago but couldn't, so a little before 7PM, I bail and head for home. I'm thinking Friday night - movie night so I stopped by Best Buy on the way. I was looking for two movies specifically - Seven Psychopaths and Looper. Best Buy had a deal to where if you let the cell phone guys check to see if yours is upgradable, then they will give you a $5 coupon for a dvd purchase. I'm game. I had to wait around for a rep because the one other guy was helping someone else and the transaction was taking fucking 4ever. I could only find Looper, so I got that and headed to the checkout where I encountered another line and my this time it's 8:45? They close at 9PM on Friday and I was just about to throw down my dvd to the floor and walk out when another checkout lane opened and I was up next. One out of two dvd's acquired and I headed for home.

So Saturday rolls around and, hey it's Groundhog Day and with the freaky hot and icy cold winter we had, I'm am done with it. Thank goodness that damn rodent in PA did not see his shadow. And then there was a news that another earthquake hit Japan this morning. You know what I think? I think as long as Japan keeps having earthquakes, it lessens the chance for California to have a big one. And I say this on 02/02 when it was a seventy-some odd degree days today so no need for long sleeves or a jacket. Now this is my kind of Winter weather...

After sleeping most of the morning away because sometimes, I've just gotta sleep in, I decide I'm hungry and head for the kitchen. And I notice my son has left dirty dishes in the left sink and standing water in the right one where the garbage disposal is. So I must go out and get at least some Drain-o this weekend. I still want that other dvd... what to so, what to do... I know. I'll go to the new Walmart in Irvine. And so I did. And I got the dvd and saw that Looper was a lower price there than at Best Buy so I think they just lost my business for new releases. And I also pick up some chips, salsa and ginger ale for the game tomorrow and they also has loose Italian sausage and the package's serving suggestion was pizza - I can make that. Another great choice for game food. And so I don't have to leave the house again to shop, I got my cats provisions, too. The food, the litter, a new laser pointer. OMG, AC wore herself out chasing the damn thing.

I watched the superbowl munching on the sausage and peppers pizza I made from scratch - take that! Woo! And yes, I was appalled that the lights went out in the superdome...And then the Ravens won. And again, appalled.





No comments: