Monday, August 20, 2012

The Others

Originally, I thought I was going to take care of some HOA business on my PTO day, Monday, but I decided that I have to take care of myself first before I can take care of the others.

After my son got up, we got ready, then I rented a 16 ft. truck from Penske, which happens to be in my neighborhood, and we went and cleaned out the storage unit. But before I could get on my way, I walked to my car and found the rear drivers side tire went flat. My appointment to pick up the truck was at 1PM. We changed the tire, drove to Penske, picked up the truck then drove to the storage unit.

Then drove back to Penske to find out how to use the damn lift again. The lock was not disengaging. Drove back to the storage unit and cleaned it out in time to drive to Goodwill and donate it's contents. They, thankfully, took everything and now I don't have to worry about that damn monthly payment anymore.

And then we drove back to Penske before they closed. After transferring a few thing into my car, we drove downtown to Big O Tire to repair or replace the flat. The guy said it was a sidewall issue and not repairable which lead me to think that maybe someone punctured my tire. But then again, I didn't move my car on Sunday and it was extra hot that day, so maybe the heat just effected a weak spot in the tire. I so hope the latter than the former. And I'm so glad I didn't have a blow-out on the freeway with all of the driving I do with my commute to work and home.

It ended up being a $400 day. Not my idea of a fun time PTO day, but stuff got done that I needed to get done.


No comments: