The more I research my family tree, the more ancestors I find in the state of New York. I've been working on my family tree for over 15 years now. The majority of that has been online.
Today, I wanted to blog about my find because it was substantial. I found a distant relative that is as passionate about genealogy and posted his tree online. But it wasn't just the tree, it was photos, too. A name is just a name until you can see a photo and then that name has a face and that is a find. In the process, I located an obituary that he needed and sent him a copy to fill in the blanks of a relative that was just a name and no details to him.
That's what genealogy is all about really, the details of life. You are born, you live here and there, events in your own live changes others lives and life goes on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment