I went out last night to a dive bar in Huntington Beach called Perq's to watch a friend play drums in a band he's in. It was jam night at Perq's, but they did their regular classic rock set with every song they normally do. Their set was good highlighted by their cover of Wild Cherry's "Play that Funky Music" aka the audience participation song. The next band only did blues. I pooped out on the second band's third song and bailed. It was after 11.

It was the first time since I went to the South Coast Rep for a Yelp event that I went out. I didn't drink anything. I got to talk to Manny after the gig about what was going on in his life and about what happened to him after he was laid off in 2000. Life insurance. Ultimately, the business was something he grew a distaste for because of so many uneducated people and he then got into industrial sales. He's one smart cookie.
No comments:
Post a Comment