My head was compositing things I saw and talked about into this crazy dream that woke me up feeling startled and abit bewildered.
Over the weekend, I was watching some TV show that profiled a man who was a scamming women out of thousands of dollars. He initially made contact with women through the online dating website called millionairematch.com. He had posted a photo from about 20 years ago to create interest in his looks, but ultimately what you got to meet in person was someone old, overweight, disheveled, jobless and homeless. He preyed on women to feed his gambling habit. The show had mentioned that he at one point while in Pennsylvania left a duffle bag with some of his belongings in a park that he was sleeping in.
Similarly, yesterday was also a day in which I had talked about my purse. You see, my purse was stolen from my home when it was burglarized a few years ago and all of my keys were inside my purse at the time. I was talking about my purse to my co-manager because yesterday I noticed that the strap on the purse I'm currently using was beginning to fray and I had mentioned that the purse I had before this one (the one that was stolen) was one I had bought from Stein Mart and was made of Spanish leather. It matched the leather coat I wore at the time and had white stitching and braided strap and chain links on it, too. I liked it a alot and I think it was the first purse that I ever bought that was over $100. Figures it would get stolen?? So anyway... on top of that, when I was online chatting with my new guy friend, I saw that an old 'boyfriend' (I say that in quotes because what do you call a man in your life for five years who is married to someone else? Asshole, bad news, cad, jerk, pig, fraud or the good old fashioned word adulterer? Pick one.) popped online for the first time since last August and I was agitated to say the least because I did not want to chat with him at all knowing what hell he can put women's lives through. I was so upset that I had mentioned this to a girlfriend who I was chatting with on line at the time and she simply said "ignore him". Her perspective got me to lighten up some, but not much.
My dream was in color and it was of me in a park, where kids were playing on a jungle gym in the sand but I didn't recognize them. I fell asleep in the park under a tree but still kind of in the sun, too, I don't know for how long. Later, the kids that were with me woke me up to go home. I couldn't find my purse. I looked for my purse in a panic underneath a jacket or a blanket, then I stood up and looked for my car (again one I didn't recognize... some small gray four door) and I couldn't see it where I parked it. One of the kids said Ochoa put my purse in a locker. I didn't know who this Ochoa person was nor where the locker was located. And in that panic, I started to walk toward a school? made of red brick with the kids. Most likely, I woke up in a jolt startled and feeling panicky about the dream.
I tried to make sense of the dream, like I am now writing it down, but in my head while I tried to get some more rest. I had woken up at 3:30 AM and that is too early for me to do so. My alarm goes off at 4:45 AM each morning for work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment