Thursday, October 30, 2008

Good News!

Oh, it's not mine, but while I'm at work I thought I'd read the news because that's the thing to do - keep up on current events, right?

There was this article:

Girl returns $1,000 found in Richard Simmons tape

And it reminded me that people still do the right thing and that's good news.

It also reminded me that at one point I wanted to start two new news channels. Since there is the saying that it takes 20 good deeds to cancel out the one bad deed that someone does, you don't always get to hear about all the good that people do in the world and I think that is a sad thing. I thought that it would be a good idea to start two news channels = one for the good news and one for the bad news. So if I want to get bummed out and listen to all of the theft and violence against humanity, I'd tune into the bad news. If I wanted to feel uplifted by the good in the world, I'd happily tune into the good news.

No comments: