Saturday, March 15, 2008

Movies, movies, movies

After dinner, Drama Boy realizes that he is truly feeling too ill to attend a birthday party at a bar his friends are at and decides rest and relaxation at home is called for. He makes vodka drinks and tells me to pick out a movie. It's Saturday night and I'm feeling my need for crime drama. I pick,"The Usual Suspects". SOB, Benicio Del Toro looked so good in that movie, mmm. We get maybe 30 minutes into the film and Drama Boy and I get to talking about movies in general and I said I picked this one because I have not seen it before, but I like sci-fi. He says go pick a sci-fi. I go to the hall wall where the movies are and I'm struggling because to be honest with you, he's got more chick flicks than I do. So it takes me about 10 minutes to peruse through his disorganization and I find "The Core" and "Matrix Reloaded". He decides my first choice is sufficient now we're on a discussion about his electronics set-up and we are getting blasted with the four various bass booster settings he's demonstrating. Yes, it's loud, and it sounds fine. Now I realize his ears are plugged up from his cold because it's booming and I find the remote and turn it down a little. In between this all, his little rat dog is also providing its own brand of entertainment trying to settle itself. We end up watching the entire movie chatting and chilling out until 4AM'ish and crash.

No comments: