Sunday, March 30, 2008

How to eat

I found this article today and I wanted to share it with whomever reads my blog. This is how I try to eat every day and I'm glad I've found I'm not the only one who thinks this way. *Hugs* to Michael Pollan!

12 Short Food Rules, From Michael Pollan:

1. Don’t eat anything your grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food.
2. Avoid foods containing ingredients you can’t pronounce.
3. Don’t eat anything that wouldn’t eventually rot.
4. Avoid food products that carry health claims.
5. Shop the peripheries of the supermarket; stay out of the middle.
6. Better yet, buy food somewhere else: the farmer’s market or CSA.
7. Pay more, eat less.
8. Eat a wide diversity of species.
9. Eat food from animals that eat grass.
10. Cook and, if you can, grow some of your own food.
11. Eat meals and eat them only [sitting down] at tables.
12. Eat deliberately, with other people whenever possible, and always with pleasure.
[I like to save room for desert.]

No comments: