Thursday, October 15, 2009

Life Goes On

I had a first date last night with a guy named Ron from Costa Mesa. It was the first date (as a result of my membership on plentyoffish.com) I've had in a while since I was spooked by that sadomasochist in MV (from okcupid.com - another free dating website I'm no longer on). We went to a local coffee shop, but not Starbuck's. All of my Starbuck's dates in the past had been disasters. I didn't want that stigma bouncing around in my head, so a day before, I changed the venue he had me pick.

The coffee shop was fun and the date was fine, but a little awkward in places which I'd say was pretty normal as far as first dates go. We sat there talking and drinking at the coffee shop and I thought everything was going OK, when he asked me to go to dinner at SCP. OK, I'm game. We take both cars it's maybe a little over a mile away. He took off before me and I get caught in the light signals. He thinks I've ditched him - not true. So I walk up and he's on his phone. He says he's calling me, but my phone never rings. Hrmm.

Eat dinner and the french dip was a little too undercooked and it went right through me, so I excuse myself to go to the bathroom. He said he would wait. I know I took longer than I should and I felt bad about it. I bet he thinks I snuck out the back door. When I get back to the table, he's gone. Seconds roll by and he calls while I'm composing a text message and he says his neighbors called him to pick up their house key. Ehy? Maybe that was his way of getting out of saying goodbye and he set up the call while I was walking up in the parking lot. By now, it's between 8:30 and 9PM when the mall closes. I gave him my card earlier and he said he'd call in a few days. I don't know... I just don't know. Strong beginning, OK middle, weak finish to this date. Jesus... how much roast beef did I actually have between my teeth? LOL.

No comments: