Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Rat Race

Friday, I had an extended break over tea talking to someone about all the goings on at work. It was good, but weird. I went into this job stating I did not want to be in management, but when people elicit my expertise or opinion because direct "management" is so poor and then act upon it, it makes me wonder what's in store for the future. The bad part is with all the hind sight we spoke about regarding a previous company, it won't help the current situation.

The good part, to some degree, was to realize it was not only me who is thinking the same things about the company. When a company sheds departments in lieu of 3rd party outsourcing, they tell you it's a cost cutting measure, but it stinks. It stinks for the workers who loose their jobs. It stinks worse when those jobs don't stay in the USA, but we shall see how that pans out.

At any rate, to quell my nervousness over these issues that leave me with an unstable financial feeling even though I was previously told that I'm supposed to be a part of the Master Servicing Team (a leftover skeleton crew of analysts), I'm looking for another job now before I suddenly find myself out of a job later due to whatever reason this CU ceases to function.

Sweet Talking Woman by ELO: "... insufficient data coming though ...what can I do?"

No comments: